slide show

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Introducing Charlotte

Pin It Ivy and Lexi would not want me to wait another day for this. Amongst the heartbreak, we have delayed sharing this treasure. On the same day we lost a child, we received our newest child. I was numb, heart broken, afraid, devastated, the most horrid thing you'll ever experience is the loss of a child, but then to be across the world, then add that it's adoption day, you have had your child in your arms for 4 hours. She's grieving all she's known and I'm grieving all I've lost. unimaginable. I had to get home, my baby died! I had to get home. With the completely unselfish love and help of my dearest friend Kim, I had the Visa I needed to get home, 54 hours after signing the adoption papers. World record! And once home, I was able to mourn and grieve and embrace all I still have, and lean on Jesus for He is who I will always have.
Charlotte Hope, you are on this earth for a reason just as your sister was. God has a plan for and for our family and I want you to know that while we are sad because of our loss, we are rejoicing to have been chosen to be your mommy and daddy and we will love you all the days of our lives. We are so grateful that Charlottes transition has been seamless. She is kind and loving and happy all the time. She is so eager to learn and so overjoyed to have so many siblings who are showering her with love. She loves our dog Molly and all things girly.  So without further due, we'd like to introduce our 5 year old Daughter, home from Guangzhou China, Charlotte Hope ❤️

                         Just off the plane, a new U.S Citizen





Home 2 weeks


                           The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just 
                              to love and be loved in return





There is always something to be thankful for. Tomorrow is not promised. Not for me, not for you, not for her. It never was. Looking at that in the face, is hard. But it's reality. Embrace every single day my friends. We did! Our suffering is still tremendous. It is still so very painful. But we are so happy that me missed nothing and have no regrets. We miss Ivy Joy so very very much. We cry a lot. A whole lot. Today we still have so much to give thanks for. We promise to embrace that every morning. I woke up today. I could breathe, I could walk. I wish Ivy was blowing bubbles in the yard with Charlotte. More than you can imagine. But what is here now, today, for that we find joy. Pin It

14 comments:

Ruby's Fairy Godmother said...

Mary, your new daughter is just beautiful. I am praying for your family. I have followed your journey since China and Ivy Joy. That precious child understood what the love of a family means because of you any your family. Ivy knew the love of our heavenly Father because of your family,and now she is in His loving arms. She will be missed by your family and so many others that followed her story. Norah

Jean said...

She is beautiful! A perfect treasure! God Bless you all! Keeping your lovely family in my prayers!

Mary said...

Charlotte Hope is adorable! Keeping you all in prayer.

Catherine said...

Charlotte is adorable! Continuing to pray for all of you. ((hugs))

Sandra & Steve said...

Congratulations on your new daughter, she is absolutely lovely.

johnjohntwo said...

I miss Ivy. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of occasional or fallen-away Christians were drawn back to God and his mercies
as they followed one miracle after another in Ivy's Journey. You may never know the true number of people who Prayed for you and your family and especially for Ivy herself.Just know it would be a staggeringly Large number.

If you don't mind, I wish to keep a pIece of Ivy with me for the rest of my days.

J C

Wendy said...

What a beautiful child Charlotte is!!! Ivy is watching from afar. Prayers.

Anonymous said...

So thrilled to meet Charlotte and to hear that God is blessing your family with a seamless adoption! He is so good and loves you so!!! Continuing to pray for your family!
Joy

Anonymous said...

So thrilled to meet Charlotte and to hear that God is blessing your family with a seamless adoption! He is so good and loves you so!!! Continuing to pray for your family!
Joy

frogglet said...

Welcome home Charlotte! Praying for your family!

Sonnie said...

Welcome home Charlotte. Praying for you and your family and I think Ivy was in the yard blowing bubbles with her new sister. So thankful you you are both home with your family.

K said...

I just came to your blog and read about Ivy. There aren't really any words to make it better, are there? I'm glad you know you'll be with her again in heaven, but it's such a long time to wait and sometimes that's hard.

My prayers are with you. I'm praying that you are comforted and that you are able to bond with Charlotte. It can be very hard to bond in the midst of grief. If you need anyone to talk to who won't judge, but listen and understand, feel free to email me - my email link can be found on my blog profile.

I'm so sorry Ivy couldn't hold on until her next surgery. After all she's been through... Yes, she's such a strong, brave girl, not to mention simply beautiful. Her spirit is lighting up heaven, I'm sure.

Brent and Sandy said...

Beautiful. I can't imagine struggling between the happiness and sadness that day.

Anonymous said...

Would love to read an update on little Charlotte
and Lexi...I miss reading about your family and
truly miss "angel" Ivy Joy.
I am 70, don't get out much so my hobby is reading
blogs from Americans who have adopted from China.
My best to you all and hope you have a good
summer.
mary m
vancouver,wa.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs